IJPAM: Volume 109, No. 3 (2016)
TO SOLVE LINEAR,NON-LINEAR REACTION CONVECTION
DIFFUSION AND CONVECTION DIFFUSION PROBLEM
Applied Mathematics & Humanities Department
Ichchhanath, SVNIT, Surat Gujarat 395007, INDIA
Abstract. The aim of this paper is to present the semi-analytical method known as differential transform method (DTM) for solving various linear and non linear convection diffusion and reaction convection problems, arising in physics, where particles, energy, or other physical quantities are transferred inside a physical system due to two process: Diffusion and convection. To illustrate the capability and reliability of the method, some cases have been discussed. The solution has been obtaining in form of series solution which can be easily converted into the exact solution.
Received: May 8, 2016
Revised: June 9, 2016
Published: October 1, 2016
AMS Subject Classification: 35C05, 35E15, 35F10
Key Words and Phrases: linear convection diffusion equation, non-linear convection diffusion equation, differential transform method
Download paper from here.
- F. Ayaz, On the two-dimensional differential transform method, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 23 (2003), 361-374, : 10.1016/S0096-3003(02)00368-5.
- M.-J. Jang, C.-L. Chen, and Y.-C. Liu., Two-dimensional differential transform for partial differential equations, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 23 (2001), 261-270, : 10.1016/S0096-3003(99)00293-3.
- C.K. Chen and S. H. Ho,Solving partial differential equations by two dimensional differential transform method, Applied Mathematics and Computation no. 2, 20 (2009), 131-164, doi: 10.1016/S0096-3003(98)10115-7.
- Mehdi Tatari, Mehdi Dehghan and Mohsen Razzaghi, Application of the Adomian decomposition method for the Fokker–Planck equation, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 45 (2007), 639-650, doi: 10.1016/j.mcm.2006.07.010.
- Gupta, Sumit, Devendra Kumar, and Jagdev Singh, Analytical solutions of convection–diffusion problems by combining Laplace transform method and homotopy perturbation method, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 54 (2015), 645-651, doi: 10.1016/j.aej.2015.05.004.
- Mohamed-Jawad, Anwar Ja'afar, Cenap Ozel, and Adem Kilicman, Variational iteration method in solving evolution equations, In: Aip Conference Proceedings (2010), doi: 10.1063/1.3525153.
- Daga Amruta and V. H. Pradhan, Variational homotopy perturbation method for solving nonlinear reaction-diffusion convection problems, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, bf 2 (2013), 11-14.
DOI: 10.12732/ijpam.v109i3.4 How to cite this paper?
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 529 - 538