IJPAM: Volume 109, No. 4 (2016)
OF HYBRID CONTROL FOR GROWTH MODEL WITH DELAY
Department of Mathematics
Faculty of Mathematics and Statistics
University of Birjand, Birjand, IRAN
Abstract. In this paper, we investigate the problem of bifurcation control for a delayed logistic growth model. By choosing the timedelay as the bifurcation parameter, we present a Hybrid controler to control Hopf bifurcation. We show that the onset of Hopf bifurcation can be delayed or advanced via a hybeid controller by setting proper controling parameter. Under consideration model as operator Equation, apply orthogonal decomposition, compute the center manifold and normal form we determined the direction and stability of bifurcating periodic solutions. Therefore the Hopf bifurcation of the model became controllable to achieve desirable behaviors which are applicable in certain circumstances.
Received: July 27, 2016
Revised: September 18, 2016
Published: October 9, 2016
AMS Subject Classification: 34H20, 34D23
Key Words and Phrases: Hopf bifurcation, bifurcation control, hybrid control, stability, timedelay
Download paper from here.
- Balakumar Balachandran, Tamas Kalmar-Nagy, David E. Gilsinn, Delay Differential Equations, Recent Advances and New Directions, Springer, New York (2009).
- B.D. Hassard, N.D.Y.H. Wan, Theory and Applications of Hopf bifurcation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1981).
- J.G. Cui, L.S. Chen, The effect of diffusion on the time varying logistic population growth, Comput. Math. Appl., 36 (1998), 1-9.
- K. Gopalsamy, P.X. Weng, Feedback regulation of logistic growth, Internat. J. Math., 16 (1993), 177-192.
- Xiaojie Gong, Xianddong Xie, Rongyu Han, Liya Yang, Hopf bifurcation in a delayed logistic growth with feedback control, Commun. Math. Biol. Neurosci., 2015 (2015), 2052-2541.
- Y.L. Song, S.L. Yuan, Bifurcatino analysis for a regulated logistic growth model, Appl. Math. Model, 31 (2007), 1729-1738.
- Yuanyuan Wang, Lisha Wang, Hybrid control of the Neimark-Sacker bifurcation in a delayed Nicholsons blowies equation, Wang and Wang Advances in Difference Equations, 306 (2015), 1687-1847.
- Z. Li, M.X. He, Hopf bifurcation in a delayed food-limited model with feedback control, Nonlinear Dynamics, 76 (2014), 1215-1224.
DOI: 10.12732/ijpam.v109i4.6 How to cite this paper?
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 827 - 836