IJPAM: Volume 110, No. 4 (2016)
COMPLETE GRAPHS AND FORESTS , Michael P. Baldado Jr.
College of Education
Jose Rizal Memorial State University
Katipunan, Zamboanga del Norte, PHILIPPINES
Negros Oriental State University
Dumaguete City, Philippines
be a graph. An -dynamic -coloring of is a function from to a set of colors such that (1) is a proper coloring, and (2) for all vertices in , . The -dynamic chromatic number of a , denoted by , is the smallest such that is an -dynamic -coloring of .
This study gave the -dynamic chromatic number of paths, cycles, complete graphs, empty graphs, the vertex gluing of graphs and the union of graphs. Some characterizations are also given.
Received: July 15, 2016
Revised: October 10, 2016
Published: November 9, 2016
AMS Subject Classification: 05C15
Key Words and Phrases: -dynamic chromatic number, -dynamic -coloring, cycles, vertex gluing
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- H.J. Lai, B. Montgomery, H. Poon, Upper bounds of dynamic chromatic number, Ars Combin. 68 (2003) 193-201.
- A. Taherkhani, -Dynamic Chromatic Number of Graphs, arXiv:1401.6470v1 24 Jan 2014.
- B. Montgomery, Dynamic Coloring of Graphs (Ph.D Dissertation), West Virginia University, 2001.
- B. Gao, L. Sun, H. Sung, H.J. Lai, On the Difference Between Dynamic Chromatic and Chromatic Number of Graphs, Journal of Mathematical Sciences: Advances and Applications 34 (2015), 1-10.
- Y. Chen, S. Fan, H.-J. Lai, H. Song, L. Sun, On dynamic coloring for planar graphs and graphs of higher genus, Discrete Applied Mathematics 160 (2012), 1064-1071.
- Y. Kim, S.J. Lee, S.-I. Oum, Dynamic Coloring of Graphs Having No Minor, arXiv:1201.2142v3 15 March 2015.
- M. Alishahi, On the dynamic coloring of graphs, Discrete Applied Mathematics 159 (2011) 152-156.
- R. Kang, T. Muller, D.B. West, On -dynamic coloring of grids, Discrete Applied Mathematics 186 (2015) 286-290.
- S. Jahanbekam, J. Kim, Suil O, D.B. West, On -dynamic coloring of graphs, submitted for publication.
- H.-J. Lai, B. Montgomery, Dynamic coloring of graphs, West Virginia University, 2002.
- Wikipedia contributors. "Graph coloring." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 30 Jun. 2016. Web. 8 Jul. 2016.
- J. Gross, J. Yellen, Handbook of Graph Theory, CRC Press LLC, N. W., Corporate Blvd, Boca Raton, Florida, 2000.
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 609 - 622
-DYNAMIC CHROMATIC NUMBER OF CYCLES, COMPLETE GRAPHS AND FORESTS%22&as_occt=any&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_publication=&as_ylo=&as_yhi=&as_sdtAAP=1&as_sdtp=1" title="Click to search Google Scholar for this entry" rel="nofollow">Google Scholar; DOI (International DOI Foundation); WorldCAT.