IJPAM: Volume 115, No. 1 (2017)
HYPERGEOMETRIC 2D POLYNOMIALS FROM LIE-GROUP
THEORETIC POINT OF VIEW , V.S. Bhagavan
Department of Mathematics
Guntur Dt., A.P., INDIA
Department of Mathematics
Swarnandhra College of Engineering and Technology
Seetharampuram, Narsapuram-534 280
West Godawari Dt., A.P., INDIA
polynomials by group theoretic method introduced by Louis Weisner.A suitable interpretation to the index n and parametres are given,we introduced five linear partial differential operators wich they generate a Lie-algebra. Futher, we have derived the well known generating functions of Laguerre polynomialof two variables as an application.
Received: January 4, 2017
Revised: April 12, 2017
Published: June 29, 2017
AMS Subject Classification: 33C45, 33C47
Key Words and Phrases: generalized hypergeometric 2D polynomials, generating functions
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- A.K. Shukla and S.K. Meher, Group-theoretic origin of some generating functions for lagurre polynomials of two variables, App1. Math. Sci., 5, No. 61 (2011), 775-784.
- Asit Baran Chakrabarti, Group theoretic study of certain generalised functions of Jacobi polynomials, J. Indian Inst, Sci., 64(B) (1983), 97-103.
- E.D. Rainville, Special Functions, Macmillan Co., New York, 1960.
- E.B. Mc Bride, Obtaining Generating Functions, Springer, Verlag, New York, 1971.
- H.M. Srivastava, H.L. Manocha, A Treatise on Generating Functions, Halsted-Wiley, New York, 1984.
- I.K. Khanna, V.S. Bhagavan, Weisner's method to obtain generating relations for the generalised hypergeometric polynomial set, J. Phys. A: Gen and Math, 32 (1999), 989-998.
- I.K. Khanna, V.S. Bhagavan, Lie group theoretic origins of certain generating functions of the generalised hypergeometric polynomials, Integral Transforms Spec. Functions, 11, No. 2 (2001), 177-188.
- K.P. Samanta, B.C. Chandra, C.S. Bera, Some generating functions of modified gegenbauer polynomials by Lie algebraic method, Mathematics and Statistics, 2, No. 4 (2014), 172-178.
- L. Weisner, Group theoretic origins of certain generating functions, Pacific J. Math., 5 (1955), 1033-1039.
- M. Krosnicki, J. Czub, Gegenbaur polynomials in a theoretical study of the vibrational structure of system, Theoretical Chemistry Accounts, 115, No. 4 (2006), 322-329.
- Manic Chandra Mukherjee, Generating functions on Extended Jacobi polynomials from Lie group view point, Publications Matematiques, 40 (1996), 3-13.
- M.J.S. Shahwan, Lie theoretic generating relation of Laguerre 2D polynomials, Int. Jr. of Pure Applied Mathematics, 84, No. 2 (2013), 73-79.
- Subuhi Khan, Ghazale Yasmin, Lie theoretic generating relation of two variable Laguerre polynomials, Rep. math. phys., 51 (2003), 1-7.
- T. Srinivasulu, V.S. Bhagavan, Irreducible representation of SL(2, C) and generating relations for the generalized hypergeometric functions, Far East J. Math. Sci., 83, No. 2 (2013), 127-144.
- W. Miller Jr., Lie Theory and Special Functions, Academic Press, New York, 1968.
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 59 - 66