IJPAM: Volume 115, No. 3 (2017)
THEOREMS IN C*-ALGEBRA-VALUED METRIC SPACES , Ankush Chanda, Surajit Karmakar
Department of Mathematics
National Institute of Technology
Durgapur, West Bengal, INDIA
-algebra-valued metric spaces without taking the continuity assumption on either of the mappings or . Also, we define -algebra-valued proximal contraction and show the existence and uniqueness of best proximity points for these proximal contraction mappings on the said spaces. Moreover, the paper provides an application to prove the existence and uniqueness of the solution for a type of integral equations.
Received: December 14, 2016
Revised: March 23, 2017
Published: July 27, 2017
AMS Subject Classification: -algebra-valued metric space, expansion mapping, -algebra-valued proximal contraction, common fixed point, best proximity point
Key Words and Phrases: 47H10, 54H25
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- S. Banach, Sur les opérations dans les ensembles abstraits et leurs application aux équations intégrales, Fund. Math., 3 (1922), 133-181.
- D.W. Boyd, J.S.W. Wong, On nonlinear contraction, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 20 (1969), 458-464.
- A. Chanda, S. Mondal, L.K. Dey, S. Karmakar, -algebra-valued contractive mappings with its applications to integral equations, Indian J. Math., To Appear.
- J. Chen, S. Xiao, H. Wang, and S.Deng, Best proximity point for the proximal nonexpansive mapping on the starshaped sets, Fixed Point Theory Appl., 19 (2015).
- R.G. Douglas, Banach Algebra Techniques in Operator Theory, Springer, Berlin, 1998.
- N. Hussain, M.H. Shah, A.A. Harandi, Z. Akhtar, Common fixed point theorems for generalized contractive mappings with applications, Fixed Point Theory Appl., 169 (2013).
- Z. Ma, L. Jiang, H. Sun, -algebra-valued metric spaces and related fixed point theorems, Fixed Point Theory Appl., 206 (2014).
- G.J. Murphy, -Algebras and Operator Theory, Academic Press, London, 1990.
- H.K. Pathak, M.S. Khan, R. Tiwari, A common fixed point theorem and its application to nonlinear integral equations, Comput. Math. Appl., 53, No. 2 (2007), 961-971.
- I. Segal, Irreducible representations of operator algebras, Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.), 53, No. 2 (1947), 73-88.
- Q.H. Xu, T.E.D. Bieke, Z.Q. Chen, Introduction to Operator Algebras and Noncommutative Spaces, Science Press, Beijing, 2010 (In Chinese).
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 477 - 496