IJPAM: Volume 118, No. 1 (2018)
SUCTION/INJECTION AT THE WALLS , Amit Kumar Gupta
Department of Mathematics and Astronomy
University of Lucknow
Lucknow, 226007, INDIA
Published: February 18, 2018
AMS Subject Classification: 76Dxx, 76Sxx
Key Words and Phrases: MHD flow, Brinkman equation, permeability parameter, Hartman number, suction/injection
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- H. A. Attia, W. A. El-Meged, W. Abbas and M. A. M. Abdeen, Unsteady flow in a porous medium between parallel plates in the presence of uniform suction and injection with heat transfer, International Journal of Civil Engineering, 12(3), Transaction A: Civil Engineering, 277-281 (2014).
- A. S. Berman, Laminar Flow in Channels with Porous Walls, Journal of Applied Physics, 24, 1232-1235 (1953).
- H. C. Brinkman, A calculation of the viscous force exerted by a flowing fluid on a dense swarm of particles, Appl.Sci.Res., A1, 27-34 (1947).
- N. M. Bujurke, V. S. Madalli and B. G. Mulimani, Laminar Flow in a uniformly porous pipe, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Math., 31(3), 341-352 (2000).
- S. Chikh, A. Boumedien, K. Bouhadef and G. Lauriat, Analytical solution of non-Darcian forced convection in an annular duct partially filled with a porous medium, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 38, 1543-1551 (1995).
- J. A. Falade, J. C. Ukaegbu, A. C. Egere and S. O. Adesanya, MHD oscillatory flow through a porous channel saturated with porous medium, Alexandria Engineering Journal, 56(1), 147-152 (2016).
- P. K. Muhuri, Flow Formation in Couette Motion in Magnetohydrodynamics with Suction, J. Phys. Society of Japan, 18(11), 1671-1675 (1963).
- A. K. Singh and N. Kumar, Unsteady Magnetohydrodynamic Couette Flow, Wear, 89, 125 - 129 (1983).
- G. S. Seth, M. S. Ansari and R. Nandkeolyar, Unsteady hydromagnetic Couette flow within a porous channel, Tamkang J. of Sci. and Eng., 14(1), 7-14 (2011).
- P. D. Verma and J. L. Bansal, Flow of a viscous incompressible fluid between two parallel plates: one in uniform motion and the other at rest with uniform suction at the stationary plate, Proc. Indian Acad. of Sci., 64 A, 385-396 (1966).
- K. A. Yih, The effect of uniform suction/blowing on heat transfer of magnetohydrodynamic Hiemenz flow through porous media, Acta Mechanica, 130, 147-158 (1998).
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 111 - 123