IJPAM: Volume 119, No. 1 (2018)
ON EXISTENCE AND STABILITY OF OUT OF PLANE
EQUILIBRIUM POINTS IN SPATIAL ELLIPTIC RESTRICTED
THREE BODY PROBLEM , A. Chakraborty, A. Dewangan
Bhilai Institute of Technology
Durg, C. G., 491001, INDIA
is studied analytically and numerically for the elliptical restricted three body problem, where both the primaries and infinitesimal are oblate spheroid. Also the primaries are assumed to be radiating. It was found that the out of plane equilibrium points and its stability are affected by the oblateness of the infinitesimal. We have explored the existence of out of plane equilibrium points around the binary systems: Luyten-726 and Sirius. Also the linear stability of the system is studied analytically and graphically explored.
Received: September 4, 2017
Revised: February 20, 2018
Published: June 18, 2018
AMS Subject Classification: 70F07, 70E50
Key Words and Phrases: elliptic restricted three body problem, out of plane equilibrium points, binary systems, oblate spheriod
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- Abouelmagd, E.I., Mostafa, A.: Out of plane equilibrium points locations and the forbidden movement regions in the restricted three-body problem with variable mass. Astrophys Space Sci (2015) 357: 58.
- Das, M.K., Narang, Pankaj, Mahajan, S., Yuasa M.: On Out of Plane Equilibrium Points in Photo-Gravitational Restricted Three-Body Problem. J. Astrophys. Astr.30, 177-185(2009).
- Elipe, A., Ferrer, S.: On the equilibrium solution in the circular planar restricted three rigid bodies problem. Celestial Mechanics 37, 59–70(1985).
- El-Shaboury, S. M., El-Tantawy, M. A.: Eulerian libration points of restricted problem of three oblate spheroids. Earth, Moon and Planets 63: 23–28 (1989).
- Geyer, David W., Harrington, Robert S., Worley, Charles E.: Parallax, Orbit and Mass of the visual binary L726-8.The Astronomical Journal 95(6), 1841-1842(1988).
- Gong, Shengping, Li, Junfeng: Solar sail periodic orbits in the elliptic restricted three-body problem. Celest Mech Dyn Astr, doi: 110.1007/s10569-014-9590-3(2014).
- Radzievskii,V.V.: The restricted problem of three bodies taking account of light pressure. Astron. Zh., 27, 250-256(1950).
- Ragos, O., Zagouras, C.: The zero velocity surfaces in the photogravitational restricted three body problem. Earth, Moon and Planets 41, 257-278(1988a).
- Ragos, O., Zagouras, C.: Periodic solutions about the out of plane equilibrium points in the photogravitational restricted three body problem. Celes.Mech. 44, 135-154(1988b).
- Simmons, J.F.L., Mcdonald, A.J.C., Brown, J.C.: The restricted 3-body problem with radiation pressure. Celestial Mechanics 35, 145-187(1985).
- Singh, J., Haruna, S.: Equilibrium points and stability under effect of radiation and perturbing forces in the restricted problem of three oblate bodies. Astrophys Space Sci 349: 107 (2014). doi:10.1007/s10509-013-1627-7.
- Singh, J., Umar, A.: On 'out of plane' equilibrium points in the elliptic restricted three body problem with radiating and oblate primaries. Astrophysics and Space Sciences 344,13-19(2013a).
- Singh, J., Umar, A.: Collinear equilibrium points in the elliptic R3BP with oblateness and radiation. Advances in Space Research 52,1489-1496(2013b).
- Singh, J. & Umar, A., 2013c, Astrophysics and Space Sciences, 348, 393.
- Singh, J., Vincent, A. E.:Out-of-plane equilibrium points in the photogravitational restricted four-body problem. Astrophys Space Sci 359,38(2015).
- Singh, J., Vincent, A. E.:Out-of-plane Equilibrium Points in the Photogravitational Restricted Four-body Problem with Oblateness. British Journal of Mathematics & Computer Science 19(5), 1-15(2016).
- Van Den Bos, W. H.: The Orbit of Sirius, ADS 5423. Journal des observateurs 43, 145-151(1960).
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 153 - 166