IJPAM: Volume 119, No. 4 (2018)
TitleDOMINATOR AND STRONG DOMINATOR
CHROMATIC NUMBER OF PRODUCT GRAPHS
AuthorsR. Kalaivani, D. Vijayalakshmi
Department of Mathematics
Kongunadu Arts and Science College
Coimbatore, 641 031, INDIA
AbstractA dominator coloring of a graph is a proper coloring of in which every vertex dominates every vertex of at least one color class. The minimum number of colors required for a dominator coloring of is called the dominator chromatic number of and is denoted by . Let be a simple graph. A proper color partition of is called a strong dominator coloring, if the vertex strongly dominates then . In this paper, we obtain the strong dominator chromatic number for the tensor product of , and respectively. Also upper bound and lower bound for the the dominator chromatic number of modular product graphs are discussed.
Received: September 18, 2017
Revised: August 10, 2018
Published: August 10, 2018
AMS Classification, Key Words
AMS Subject Classification: 05C15
Key Words and Phrases: coloring, domination, dominator coloring, strong dominator coloring, tensor product
Download SectionDownload paper from here.
You will need Adobe Acrobat reader. For more information and free download of the reader, see the Adobe Acrobat website.
- M. Chellali and F. Maffray, Dominator Colorings in Some Classes of Graphs, Graphs Combin, 28 (2012), 97-107.
- R. Gera, S Horton, C. Rasmussen, Dominator Colorings and Safe Clique Partitions, Congressus Numerantium, (2006), 19 - 32.
- R.M Gera, On dominator coloring in graphs, Graph Theory Notes N.Y. LII, (2007), 947 - 952.
- R. Gera, On The Dominator Colorings in Bipartite Graphs in: Proceedings of the 4thInternational Conference on Information Technology: New Generations (2007), 947-952.
- T.W Haynes, S.T Hedetniemi, Slater, P.J, Fundamentals of Domination in Graphs, Marcel Dekker., New york, 1998.
- T.W. Haynes, S.T. Hedetniemi and P.J. Slater, Domination in Graphs: Advanced Topics, Monographs and Textbooks in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1998.
- K. Kavitha, N.G. David, Dominator Coloring of Central Graphs,International Journal of Computer Applications, 51 (12)(2012), 11 - 14.
- K. Kavitha, N G David, Dominator Coloring on Star and Double Star Graph Families, International Journal of Computer Applications (2012), 22-25.
- M.Ayyampillai, R. Guruviswanathan, V.Swaminathan, Strong Dominator Coloring of a Graph ,International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics , 113 (9) (2017), 10 - 19.
- D. A. Pike and Asiyeh Sanaei. The modular product and existential closure,Australasian journal of combinatorics , 52 (2012), 173 - 183.
- D. B. West, Introduction to Graph Theorey, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, USA, 2001.
How to Cite?DOI: 10.12732/ijpam.v119i4.10 How to cite this paper?
Source: International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics
ISSN printed version: 1311-8080
ISSN on-line version: 1314-3395
Pages: 685 - 693
Google Scholar; DOI (International DOI Foundation); WorldCAT.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution International License (CC BY).